Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendar ical error

Thamsanqa Qofela July 7, 2013
Hi, There are two local calendars showing "The datetime zone id is not recognised: (UTC+02:00) Harare, Pretoria", and "The datetime zone id is not recognised: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time/Dublin/Edinburgh/London" respectively. These belong to South African based user and have had their calendar showing fine in Team Calendar for a while now, and now this. Please advise on how to resolve this? Confluence 5.1 is running on Windows Server 2012 6.2 Thanks, Thami.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2013

HI Thami,

It might be possble that you have encounter this bug. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-558.

This is a known bug which occur when user add MSExchange 2010 published calendar by URL.

Other than, you should check if your system date is properly set. Refer to this document https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/'The+datetime+zone+id+is+not+recognised'+Error+Appears+Due+to+System+Timezone on how to perform that.

Hope this helps.

Thamsanqa Qofela July 15, 2013

Hi Jing,

Thanks you for your reply. I added the timezone string as below, and restarted confluence.

-Dcatalina.base=E:\Confluence\application
-Dcatalina.home=E:\Confluence\application
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=E:\Confluence\application\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=E:\Confluence\application\temp
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=E:\Confluence\application\conf\logging.properties
-Duser.timezone="(UTC+02:00) Harare, Pretoria"

The Calendar is still showing the error above, am I putting the string incorrectly? Sorry to bother, but Confluence downtime is not ideal for the business.

Thami.

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2013

Hi Thami,

I think you have not set your timezone correctly, It should be like this

-Duser.timezone=GMT+2

Kind Regards,
Jing Hwa

0 votes
Erwin Saegesser August 28, 2013

How can I fix the problem on Atlassian OnDemand?

Thx, Erwin

0 votes
Thamsanqa Qofela July 24, 2013

That worked. Thanks.

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2013

I'm glad that I could help.

0 votes
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2013

Hi Thami,

I think you have not set your timezone correctly, It should be like this

-Duser.timezone=GMT+2

Kind Regards,
Jing Hwa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events