Team Calendar event types unclickable within macro in Microsoft Edge

Stephen Letch March 26, 2018

Hi

We have a cmpatibility option between Team Calendar macro's and Microsoft Edge.

As you can see from my screenshots, the drop down appears within Chrome, but not within Edge. The drop down is technically there as you can hit your down arrow a couple times, hit tab and a different event will be selected, but currently it doesnt have full functionality.

EDGE:

edge screen.PNG

Chrome:

chrome print.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi Stephen,

I'm attempting to replicate this myself in Confluence 6.8.0, but have not been able to. However, I did some research and it does seem that other Edge users are having issues with dropdown menus in general in Edge.

You could try the suggestions here:

If you still have the issue, can you let me know what version of Team Calendars and Confluence you're using? I'd like to try to replicate it with the same version of each.

Regards,

Shannon

Stephen Letch March 26, 2018

Hi

We're using OnDemand

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Stephen,

Thank you for confirming! I see you raised the same issue back in January with my colleague Thais, and she ruled it as being an issue with Edge Compatibility. 

Now that Edge is supported with Confluence, I tested this and I was able to use the dropdowns in Team Calendar on your instance without any issue.

Can you tell me, does this occur in only certain circumstances? For example, you mentioned a Team Calendar Macro, but I tested this by going straight to the Calendar itself. Are only certain users running into the issue? 

Let me know everything you know about this issue so I can try to replicate the issue you're having.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Stephen Letch March 27, 2018

Hi

Yes it does just appear to happen with the macro. We have team areas set up for all teams and the calendar macro is embedded in all to give an overview of whereabouts.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 27, 2018

Thank you, Stephen.

I was definitely not able to replicate this yesterday in Edge but this morning I am able to, on both a macro and the calendar page itself.

As this is still an issue for you I have raised a bug ticket below:

Please vote on this issue to help show the number of users affected by the problem, and comment with your findings.

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2018

Stephen -

One more thing to note is that even though Edge is supported on Jira Cloud, it hasn't actually been extended to Confluence yet. I apologize for misspeaking earlier.

From the Supported Browsers page:

The only Atlassian Cloud apps that support Microsoft Edge are the Jira applications (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk).

I updated the bug ticket to include this information, but if Edge is supported in the future, it would be important to note this issue.

Thank you for your understanding!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events