Task due date format

When entering task due dates in Confluence how can you adjust the date format to match the date format in the Confluence general settings?

Example: use MM-DD-YYYY instead of DD-MM-YYYY

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Wayne Wong Atlassian Team Jul 01, 2014

Hi Chris,

You can localise the formats that Confluence uses to display dates and times within the web interface. The settings use the syntax of Java's SimpleDateFormat class, as described in this document: Java SimpleDateFormat.

There are three time and date format settings:

• Time format: Used when displaying only the time of day. For example, when a blog post is published. Example of configuration: h:mm a
  • Date time format: Used when displaying both the date and the time of day. For example, in historical versions of pages. Example of configuration: MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm
  • Date format: Used when displaying only the date. For example, the creation and most recent modification dates of pages. Example of configuration: MMM dd, yyyy

To change the time and date formats:

1. Choose the cog icon, then choose General Configurationunder Confluence Administration.

2. ChooseGeneral Configurationin the left-hand panel.
  3. ChooseEdit.
  4. Enter the values forTime Format,Date Time FormatandDate Format, to suit your requirements.
  5. ChooseSave.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Wayne,

The display of the task due date (once entered) is following the General Configuration settings.

I guess a better explanation of my problem is that the mask used to input the date doesn't follow the Gen Config settings. As seen in the pictures, the mask is set to dd-mm-yy so we are typing the wrong dates because my team is expecting mm-dd-yy (as set in Gen Config).

I posted a comment about that in the following issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35168

Any solution to this problem? We would also like our due dates to be in US format, as we have set in our Confluence General Configuration settings.

Nothing yet.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

268 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you