Task Report Macro - showing multiple lines?

The Task Report Macro just shows the text on the same line as the checkbox, which is very useful.

Often as well as checking a task as done there is a comment added.

The only way I have found to have any additional text included in the task report is to continue writing text on the line (auto-wrapping), if you do a line break the text will not show. The result is typically a poorly formatted comment.

Is there any way to hack showing multiple lines of text for the same task?

1 answer

Hi Tom,

I tested on Confluence 6.6.1 and the Task Report macro is showing comments made after carriage returns in the task list:

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 12.45.34 PM.pngPlease let me know your version of Confluence - it is possible that this was recently fixed although I did not find a bug report for this specific issue. 

I could be misunderstanding your use case, just let me know where I am going astray, if so.

Cheers,

Ann

That helped my troubleshooting!

My issue turned out to be that after my CR for comments I was including bullet points (not checklist items) and that stops the text being included!

A workaround is to use a -- for the bullet :-) But all comments must be indented on the same tab as the tasklist item. Note, bullets can be copied and pasted in the task list item.

outstanding actions.png

Any issue I have found, is that you have to be very careful retro editing pages as described above. If the checkbox changes to a bullet and then you revert to a task list and then recheck the box the Completed Date gets updated.

If you restore the page I have found that the actual restoration does not revert the Completed Date. I believe this is a bug.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

423 views 18 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you