Tables and panels display poorly in mobile interface.

Timothy April 29, 2022

We've observed that, when using the mobile interface, whether using default settings or custom CSS, tables have no border/cell lines, and cells don't have padding.

Panels seem to behave in the same way.

So these parts of our sites are difficult to read when viewing on mobile.

Does anyone know of solutions for this behavior?

We're on Confluence 7.15.1.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

@Timothy welcome to the Atlassian community

Can you please share a screenshot?  

Timothy May 2, 2022

Here's a screenshot. The "Need Help" chunk is supposed to appear as a panel. The content after the HR is a table.

I forgot one other issue: The Expand macro doesn't expand in the mobile interface. Like, in this screenshot, the "Zoom Quick Start Guide" link is an Expand macro. It doesn't respond when you tap it.

Confluence_mobile.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

@Timothy do you have any apps you are running?

Timothy May 3, 2022

I'm not sure. How would I know if we're running any apps, so that I can confirm?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2022

@Timothy I did some additional testing.  You are accessing the site through a mobile browser and not through a mobile app. The table formatting is removed on our server instance when I access it through the mobile browser as well.  I use the mobile app because it has more functionality then the site on a mobile browser.  Looks like this is the default behavior.  

Timothy May 4, 2022

Thank you for this info, Brant!

So you're saying there's nothing we can do to improve the mobile site through a browser?

We're expecting that most of our users will access our pages in this manner, which is going to make our pages appear badly.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

The only thing I can think of is being able to identify what stylesheet is used by the mobile browser view and override it with your own CSS.  It obviously does not use any of the standard styling.  You could also submit it as an enhancement request or bug here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Timothy May 4, 2022

Thank you for all your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events