Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of content on a video

geoffrey.mairlot August 27, 2020

Hi,

I have several Knowledge transferts that were done through calls & recorded.

In order to make it available to everyone, i've uploaded the video in some pages.

As this is a very long video and several topics are talked about. I would have liked to setup a table of content of the video and have hyperlinks that make the video jumps to the correct timestamp. Similar to youtube comments when you type in a time (eg : "02:43"), the it's converted into hyperlinks to that particular time in the video.

This would be easily done if we were able to add hyperlink like these : javascript:document.getElementsByTagName('video')[0].currentTime=163;

But i'm struggling to do so. Does anyone have any idea on how I could add those kind of hyperlinks ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

In order to do this with Confluence I would think you would need cut the video up into multiple parts and then you could put the smaller videos on a page and use the TOC macro to scroll to the different parts of the page.

The other option would be to host it on a platform that does support a time format in the query string ... such as YouTube.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events