Table headers show clickable text

Najeeb Shaikh January 20, 2016

I am using tables extensively on my documentation wiki. The header text default table, however, appear to be links, that is, when the mouse is hovered over a table header, the icon turns to a hand, which makes it look clickable. Is there some way that we can get rid of this default behaviour, that is, the mouse icon does not change to make the header text look like a link? Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

No worries about the delay. We all have things going on! In the Cloud you have a couple ways to achieve non-sorting tables. I'll list 'em out.

Normally, a table is sortable when using a header. This is seen when hovering over the header, the mouse turns into a pointed hand, and the table is clickable with sorting icons.

image2016-1-22 16:46:3.png
This image is an example of sortable tabular data.

1. Formatting

Instead of using the header option, you could simply format the key row/column. This involves cell shading and bold text.

image2016-1-22 16:51:11.png

image2016-1-22 16:52:13.png

This looks the same as a header row, although it is a few more clicks

2. Merged cells

If you use a merged cell, the table won't be sortable.

image2016-1-22 16:58:11.png

3. Stylesheet

In Atlassian Cloud, there is a deprecated macro. It may not be around much longer. It's part of the Adaptavist Content Formatting macros, within the selection of free macros.

If you add the CSS Stylesheet macro to your page and add the CSS below, that will disable the function from the stylesheet side, for all tables on the page. Feasibly you could add this once to a page, and then use the Page Include macro to include it on several pages. Again, this macro will be removed at some point so I wouldn't use this method on Cloud.

.sortableHeader { 
    pointer-events: none !important; 
}

0 votes
Najeeb Shaikh January 22, 2016

I'm sorry about the delay... I did not realize you had commented on this.

On the cloud.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

There could be a workaround.... Are you using Cloud or Server?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events