Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table borders missing

ats August 6, 2014

Hi,

on a confluence page I want to use the table macro.

But some of the table borders are missing. Look s like a bug. It happen s every time I want to use the table macro. And it s also happening with 30 rows, that there are more row s without a border.

I also tried it with the markup... but same thing:

|| Header ||  Header  || Header  || Header ||  Header  ||   Header  ||   Header  || 
| Text | Text | Text | Text | Text |  Text |  Text |

As you can see there are two rows without a border, but they are two rows.

Conlfuence Version 5.4.4

table

2 answers

8 votes
Robert Cavanna August 21, 2014

I've run into this now that the wiki editor is gone (Confluence 5.5.3). I frequently copy tables from Google Docs into Confluence. In Edit mode, I can see the borders, but most of them go missing once I view the actual page. The only border I can see is above the first cell. When inspecting the HTML source, thead is after the tbody which is odd.

I've been using the following workaround:

1. Paste your table from Google Docs into Confluence
  2. Create a second table using the Confluence WYSIWYG editor. Make sure the new table has the same number of columns as the one you're bringing over from Google Docs. A couple rows should be sufficient.
  3. Copy all of the content from the initial table you pasted.
  4. Paste that content into the newer table.
  5. Get rid of the table you initially copied over.

I've found that this allows all of the borders to show up once the wiki page is rendered.

Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2014

Thanks for the workaround! I had the same use case as you described.

Tim Daniell November 16, 2017

Thanks!  Had the same issue and this worked for me also :)

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2014

Hello Ats,

There is a raised bug for the behavior, CONF-27711 please post your usage case to the ticket thread as such the team can have broader information on the matter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events