TOC macro into another space

SallyD May 21, 2013

Our Confluence provides each of our customers with a branded space through which they can access wiki content and attachments, and some customer-specific content. Approximately 75% of the content is shared across all customers. I therefore have a space of Shared Content and use a TON of page inclue macros.

Using Zen, I have small sections down the left side of the page that act as 'left navigation' panels. What I want to do is add a TOC macro in one of those sections that generates a TOC for THAT page in THAT space. I don't want the entire content of that page in this little section. Much like the Page Tree macro, I want to specify the space and page from which to generate the TOC.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Sally,

If I understand correctly, you're trying to display page A's TOC in a side column on page B. Which the TOC macro doesn't support.

If page A displays its own TOC in a section, you can name that section (using the section designer) and then use the Section Include macro in the side column on page B and be sure to include only the named section on page A, and that should get what you want.

Also note that the TOC macro always shows the table of contents for the published page (it's unaware of drafts).

Hope that makes sense!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events