TOC macro into another space

Our Confluence provides each of our customers with a branded space through which they can access wiki content and attachments, and some customer-specific content. Approximately 75% of the content is shared across all customers. I therefore have a space of Shared Content and use a TON of page inclue macros.

Using Zen, I have small sections down the left side of the page that act as 'left navigation' panels. What I want to do is add a TOC macro in one of those sections that generates a TOC for THAT page in THAT space. I don't want the entire content of that page in this little section. Much like the Page Tree macro, I want to specify the space and page from which to generate the TOC.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Thank you.

1 answer

Hi Sally,

If I understand correctly, you're trying to display page A's TOC in a side column on page B. Which the TOC macro doesn't support.

If page A displays its own TOC in a section, you can name that section (using the section designer) and then use the Section Include macro in the side column on page B and be sure to include only the named section on page A, and that should get what you want.

Also note that the TOC macro always shows the table of contents for the published page (it's unaware of drafts).

Hope that makes sense!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

299 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you