TOC-Makro shows entries that do not exist on the page

Sabine Bamboschek-Keller September 6, 2017

I use the toc-makro on nearly every page in a big confluence space.
Mostly it works as expected, but on several pages I get empty entries in the table of contents (at the end).
I tried to create the page new, I tried to change headings to standard and back to heading and some more things - no effect.
Does anybody have or had this problem and know a solution?
Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Hi Sabine,

there must be a heading at the end of the page.

Maybe you have a blank line that is formatted as heading?

Please have a look at the storage format of the page. Is there anything unusual at the end of the page?

Hi Thomas, that was what I checked first. There is definitivly no blank line formatted as heading...
And it concerns severeal pages that were created from different people.
I`m very confused about that - therefor I asked this question...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Do you have the Confluence Source Editor App ?

With that app, you can view and edit the sources of your page directly. In some cases, this is very helpful, e.g. to find and repair problems. 

Sorry, I don`t have the APP and unfortunately I work in an environment that doesn`t allow to download APPs....

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2017

Another idea:

do you include excerpts from other pages?

Maybe there are headings in these included parts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events