Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hello!

An error occurs when trying to access the site (version 8.0.2):

Filter execution threw an exception
com/opensymphony/xwork/config/ConfigurationManager

In log file:
caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:196)
caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/opensymphony/xwork/config/ConfigurationManager
at com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.impl.web.filter.authentication.ConfluenceAuthenticationFilter.shouldFilter(ConfluenceAuthenticationFilter.java:78)

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yi Xie Community Leader Jan 14, 2023

Hi, @Jira Admin ! Welcome to the community!

Do you upgrade your SSO plugin before see the error?

This is a bug. The Team has known it. And you can see the following issue to keep track of this problem.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-81603

You could try the following steps to make it work.

1. Verify version 4.2.15 is in <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins
  2. Run the SQL query below
    select * from plugindata where pluginkey = 'com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.atlassian-authentication-plugin'

3. Take note of the pluginId and verify the filename has a version greater than 4.2.15
  4. Then run the SQL query below:
    delete from plugindata where plugindataid = <pluginId>

5. Restart Confluence

Thanks, that worked for me.

I have the same problem 

BUT

mysql> select * from plugindata where pluginkey = 'com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.atlassian-authentication-plugin';
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'confluence.plugindata' doesn't exist

I did the SSO upgrade while I was on Confluence 7.18.1. After the upgrade to 8.0.2, I encountered the filter execution error. The 2 SQL commands did fix the issue. However, the output of the SELECT command was more readable when the desired columns were requested.

confluence=> select plugindataid,pluginkey,filename,lastmoddate from plugindata where pluginkey = 'com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.atlassian-authentication-plugin';
plugindataid | pluginkey | filename | lastmoddate
--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------
107610113 | com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.atlassian-authentication-plugin | plugin.7679188536727309477.atlassian-authentication-plugin-4.2.20.jar | 2023-01-14 09:57:15.204
(1 row)
confluence=> delete from plugindata where plugindataid = 107610113;
DELETE 1
confluence=> \q

No, I don't know.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events