System CSS Resources and how they are "batched" up and served

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

Does anyone have any information about how the system CSS resources are batched up and included in the output of Confluence?

I suspect they are some sort of combination of the various (indeed, over a hundred) CSS files that are in the server's includes/CSS directory. What I am really looking to find out, though, is how the path to them is generated and if it's possible to configure it somehow.

Here's the source of my Confluence pages:

<!-- include system css resources -->

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/74/_/download/superbatch/css/batch.css" media="all">
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/74/_/download/superbatch/css/batch.css?conditionalComment=lt+IE+9" media="all">
<![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 9]>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/74/_/download/superbatch/css/batch.css?conditionalComment=IE+9" media="all">
<![endif]-->
<!--[if lte IE 9]>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/74/_/download/superbatch/css/batch.css?conditionalComment=lte+IE+9" media="all">
<![endif]-->
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/74/_/download/superbatch/css/batch.css?media=print" media="print">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/6b2b2920754c128068fcb8ecd4257979/_/download/contextbatch/css/page/batch.css" media="all">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/8b2de37e35c1b0ebc4cb87df5ac34feb/_/download/contextbatch/css/plugin.quick.comment.pre/batch.css" media="all">
<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/d576eafece8d844c99688982ab89d7a8/_/download/contextbatch/css/viewcontent,main/batch.css?conditionalComment=lt+IE+9" media="all">
<![endif]-->
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/d576eafece8d844c99688982ab89d7a8/_/download/contextbatch/css/viewcontent,main/batch.css" media="all">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/8d5ca2739e2ee681538596648a9970f8/_/download/contextbatch/css/atl.general/batch.css" media="all">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/19/_/styles/colors.css?spaceKey=mainmain" media="all">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/1.0/_/download/resources/com.atlassian.confluence.themes.default:styles/default-theme.css" media="all">
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/confluence/s/en_GB/3280/311/19/_/styles/custom.css?spaceKey=mainmain" media="all">

<!-- end system css resources -->

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

I hope this link is useful :)

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Web+Resource+Module#WebResourceModule-BatchedMode

According to our developer, Confluence's super batch is configured manually in the pluginServiceContext.xml file in the resourceBatchingConfiguration bean.

<bean id="resourceBatchingConfiguration"
          class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.webresource.ConfluenceResourceBatchingConfiguration">
        <constructor-arg index="0">
            <bean class="java.util.ArrayList">
                <constructor-arg index="0">
                    <list>
                        <!-- aui -->
                        <value>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</value>
                        <value>com.atlassian.auiplugin:jquery-compatibility</value>

<!-- just in case -->
                        <value>confluence.web.resources:ajs</value>
                        <value>confluence.web.resources:jquery</value>
                        <value>confluence.web.resources:raphael</value>

<!-- confluence components -->
                        <value>com.atlassian.confluence.restplugin:confluence-rest</value>
                        <value>confluence.web.components:core</value>
                        <value>confluence.web.components:property-panel</value>

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2012

It does, thanks! This page mentions scriptaculous, which I think is deprecated, but otherwise it contains some useful information. I was not able to uncover this page in my googling, so hopefully a few links to it will give it some juice.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events