cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync strategy for confluence index directory in cold standby configuration

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

Hi All -

As an admin I wish to configure cold standby for Confluence 5.4.4 where the database is on a clustered server and the home directory (execept for the index directory which is a symlink back to local storage for performance and stability reasons) is on a SAN. I plan to frequently sync the index folder from the hot to the cold instance. I assume I will need to kick off a reindex upon failover. Alternatively I'm considering just syncing the ./edge and ./plugin index directories since they cannot be rebuilt and then build the rest from scratch upon failover.

Question: Can anyone suggest a sync strategy that ensures I am syncing the index files at rest in order to avoid corruption?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

Maybe try puttying index directory on (for example) OCFS2 filesystem on shared volume, it will then be the same on both servers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events