It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Suppress email when Confluence Workbox is used

Svante Gustafsson Mar 07, 2013

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the email notification and only work with the eminent workbox in Confluence?

To me it seems like redundance and I work hard to minimize the email spamming to my users.

I have searched for this but couldn't find a way that do not disable the complete email function.

Any tips?

// Svante

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour Atlassian Team Mar 12, 2013
0 votes
Tim Wong Mar 08, 2013

Could you clarify exactly the functionality you wish to disable? Is it the mail notification on mention? the share functionality?

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Mar 10, 2013

Hi Tim,

I think mentions and watched pages should be possible to restrict to the workbox only. A Share should possibly generate an email.

I realize I haven't thought this through completely :-) but to be able to configure this globally for each notification event would be great and with the possibility for each user to tweak it based on their own needs.

Feature request, maybe?

// Svante

0 votes
Tim Wong Mar 12, 2013

Probably a feature request.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,507 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you