It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Summarize custom field from jql Jira-Table and show result on confluence page

Hi all,

I try to find a solution to include a summary table on top of a confluence page. 

Somewhere on the page I have a Jira table query which show's me a list of Jira issues. 

On top of the page I would like to have a confluence table which summaries the values from one custom field from all issues of the included table. 

I did not find a solution to sum up the value of all fields and include the result not at the end of the table rather as data field somewhere on the confluence page. (detached from the table)

In addition is there a possibility to calculate in such a summary new values?

Did somebody have an idea or solution to this problem.

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

Hi @Sigurd Schacht ,

As far as I know, there are no built-in macros that can help you.

You can use the macros bundled in the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

The Table Excerpt and Table Excerpt Include macros will help you to display your table at the top of the page (you don't need to maintain two tables, because the included table is a dynamic copy of the excerpted source table).

2019-11-06_16h32_58.png

After that, you can wrap the included table in the Pivot Table or Table Transformer macros to perform calculations.

2019-11-06_16h36_45.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

109 views 3 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you