Stop workflow from restarting

Erika Kovacs February 27, 2014

This may be a basic question, but how do I stop the workflow from going back to draft mode if a comment is added after the workflow has been completed?

5 answers

2 votes
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Hi Erika,

As it's unclear which type of workflow you are referring to, are you using Ad hoc Workflows or another type of workflows?

If it's Ad hoc Workflows, please provide the version numbers of Ad hoc Workflows and Confluence. As well as the workflow markup. If you'd rather not post it publicly, you can email it to support@comalatech.com.

Thanks,
Miguel

0 votes
Erika Kovacs March 19, 2014

{workflow:name=FSR Workflow|label=ups-fsr}

{workflowparameter:UPSTSRs|description=UPS TSRs|type=group}

dmp-ups

{workflowparameter}

{workflowparameter:Corporate Project Manager|description=User able to give final approval|type=user}

@user@

{workflowparameter}

{workflowparameter:Requestor|description=The creater or the page|type=user}

@user@

{workflowparameter}

{state:Draft|submit=Ready}

{state}

{state:Ready|approved=Pending}

{approval:Submitted|user=@user@}

{task:name=Send FSR to Avantor|assignee=@CorporateProject Manager@}

{state}

{state:Pending|approved=Billing Review|rejected=Complete}

{approval: - Click approve if there are items to be billed - Click reject if the job has been canceled}

{state}

{state:Billing Review|submit=Complete}

{task:name=Provide documenation to biller}

{task:name=Verify charges appear on the invoice}

{state}

{state:Complete|final=true|rejected=Billing Review|hideselection=true}

{state}

{trigger:statechanged|state=Pending}

{send-email:user=@creator@|subject=FSR Sent}

The FSR on @page@ has been sent to Avnator by [~@user@] and is waiting for your further action.

{send-email}

{trigger}

{workflow}

0 votes
Erika Kovacs March 12, 2014

It's the Ad Hoc workflow. Our company uses an older version of confluence, 4.3.7. I'm not the system administrator. I'm only the adminstrator of a space. I don't know what version of the workflow plug in we are using.

Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Hi Erika,

Please post the workflow markup so I can take a look at it to determine which option is changing the workflow to the draft state.

Do you want it never to change back to the draft state or only if the page is edited?

Thanks,
Miguel

0 votes
Erika Kovacs February 27, 2014

I guess that's the problem. I don't know what in the workflow that is causing it. I don't thing in the workflow that would bounce it back to Draft.

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

If you go to the workflow and view the last status. Click on 'View Properties'. There could be a property key and value that are causing this to happen when comments are added to 'completed' issues. You can delete that property to stop this from happening. You will have to create a draft of the workflow > delete the property > plublish the workflow.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events