Stop users from changing/adding attachments to pages without edit permission ... ?

Timo Ballin November 6, 2012

We are using a lot of galleries. Discussing layouts and designs. If a layout is final we remove the "edit" permission. So even I with my system admin and space admin account cant edit the page.

BUT:

I can change the attachments... And even worse: when I add an image in the comments, the gallery tag includes it albeit no edit permission ( yes, this could be avoided - but its a lot of work ).

If somebody adds a attachment this didnt show up in the edit history for the page.

The users need to have the add attachment permission. We use a lot of attachments.

How do I inherit the no edit restriction for the attachments of a page?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timo Ballin November 29, 2012

The Point is ... The users NEED to have the right to upload images in general. It's even ok that they are able to attach Images to a "closed" page (edit: only a user with admin permissions can do that.).

But the gallery macro is not usable in this state. When you have add them manually its easier to put the images in a table ...

1 vote
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Alyson is right,

The can use permission gives them rights to edit the page. You have to remove those rights with the page restrictions.

Adding attachments is a seperate set of permissions administered from the Space Admin > Permissions page. You will need to remove these rights at a space level to obtain the functionality that you are looking for.

1 vote
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Hi Raketen,

If I understood you correctly, when you add a comment containing an image, the Gallery macro automatically pulls the image into the gallery? If so, this shouldn't be an expected behavior. Anyway, you can specify attachments permission on the Space Admin > Permissions section.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events