Sticky topics & Editing type?

Samee Rafiuddin June 3, 2015
  1. Is there a way to make a 'question' or 'discussion' topic sticky (to keep at the top of the forum)?
  2. If a 'question' or 'discussion' is opened with the wrong type (i.e. user opened a discussion instead of marking as a question) can you move it to the other type?

Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
Melek Jebnoun_Vectors_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

Hey Samee 

concerning your question, you just simply need to editthe index discussion page (switching to edit mode) and then highlight the page you want with some Confluence macro (ex. info macro with an integreted link to your page)

hope it helps smile 

don't hesitate to contact us for any additionnal question. 

0 votes
Samee Rafiuddin June 4, 2015

Hi Melek,

Morning, and thank you for your quick response!

1. How can I modify the discussion index manually?
  2. This would be helpful, as I imagine some users will create tickets accidently

I'm testing this and the community forum, so I will advise with my feedback before the trial expires. Thank you!

0 votes
Melek Jebnoun_Vectors_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

Good morning Samee,

Thanks for reaching us. You can find our answers below:

1- For the moment, questions and discussions can be ordered switch different options: date, statuses, votes.. we don't have an option yet where you can keep an idea at the top of the forum because it's mostly a custom feature. We need to make it generic by finding the parameters making an idea stay at the top and work on the configuration options for it.

Still some workaround can be figured, like modifying the discussion index manually to add a direct link at the top with some look and feel effects (info macro or title highlight ..)

2- Unfortunately not. An question after its creation can't be moved to a discussion and vice versa.

Thanks a lot for your interest and please don't hesitate if you have any other questions or ideas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events