Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Steps to pass Jira sprint number to Jira Issues/Filter Macro

We have a heavily customized Sprint Review page.  Unfortunately, each week, we have to manually edit the sprint name in 10+ JQLs for different Jira Issues/Filter Macros.

I've seen people write Confluence Macros to do that, but can't figure out how to start.

For us, either defining the sprint value in the URL or once in the page would be ideal.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Martin Wasiak ,

project = ABC Sprint in openSprints()

The above JQL only provides current active sprint issues. by using this there is no need to edit sprint names after sprint completion.

This will reduce manual updating of sprint names in JQL after sprint starting.

This won't work once the sprint is completed, hence I'd like to pass the value in the URL.

Ideally, I'd like to reuse the page in one of two ways:

* I'd like to be able to clone the page and edit the sprint number in one place.

* Pass the sprint number in the URL.  For example: https://confluence.company.com/display/VP/page?sprint=2545

Then my JQL would look like:

issuetype=story where resolution is not empty and sprint=2545

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,626 views 7 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you