Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StatusPage for our instances

He Who Shall Not Be Named November 15, 2016

So yesterday our Confluence instance went down for at least 4 hours. I checked http://status.atlassian.com/ and was surprised there is no such incident report.

It could likely mean that it doesn't really include our instance, which begs the question, where do we check/monitor the status of our instance?

Or do we need to purchase our own StatusPage?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

The Atlassian status page covers all cloud instances, so you don't need to purchase your own.  However, if 1 single instance has a problem, that wouldn't be reflected in their status page.  The aim of the status page is to reflect the general availability of Atlassian services, not to specify whether any specific instance is running.

If you can't connect to your Cloud instance, and you can connect to other online services, your first port of call should be to raise a critical support ticket.  Atlassian will prioritise a system down report and get it back up and running ASAP.

He Who Shall Not Be Named November 16, 2016

Hi Rob,

Yes, we did file a support ticket.

However, we have to fend off several inquiries from our users, which StatusPage would greatly help. As it's Cloud, there isn't really so much we can do even if I am an Administrator.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

I feel your pain.  On the (admittedly rare) occasions when Cloud isn't available or has a major issue, I've used our in-house comms tools to send out a global message, but that's a 1-many push system and I'd prefer a many-1 pull system.  The idea of an internal status page sounds like something I might pursue smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events