Statistics on what was searched in Confluence

Hi

Is there any way of collecting stats on what search terms were entered in Confluence search box ? We would like to see what words/phrases are searched more often and by whom.

So far I did not find any information on this.

Thank you

1 answer

Hi,

We use google analytics with some custom dimensions to gather this information. Besides GA, I am not sure if Confluence saves this info somewhere on their instance.

Thank you for your response. I thought of GA, but GA would only work if user typed something in search box and clicked on search. However while user is typing the box produces type-ahead quick navigation search links and often user just selects one of the produced links. GA would not catch this type of search.

That's a good point. GA may still catch the click on that link but you would need to figure out a way to know that the user clicked that link while searching. Other option may be looking into getting a hook into that type-ahead functionality, probably through Javascript. Maybe some event is fired off when the user clicks one of those links that you can catch.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

100 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you