Statistics on what was searched in Confluence

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Hi

Is there any way of collecting stats on what search terms were entered in Confluence search box ? We would like to see what words/phrases are searched more often and by whom.

So far I did not find any information on this.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Hi,

We use google analytics with some custom dimensions to gather this information. Besides GA, I am not sure if Confluence saves this info somewhere on their instance.

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

Thank you for your response. I thought of GA, but GA would only work if user typed something in search box and clicked on search. However while user is typing the box produces type-ahead quick navigation search links and often user just selects one of the produced links. GA would not catch this type of search.

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

That's a good point. GA may still catch the click on that link but you would need to figure out a way to know that the user clicked that link while searching. Other option may be looking into getting a hook into that type-ahead functionality, probably through Javascript. Maybe some event is fired off when the user clicks one of those links that you can catch.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events