Specification or tools for making space xml.zip backups from javadoc

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2013

Hi all,

Do you know if there are tools for producing confluence xml space backup format files or a description of the format?

We convert javadoc into an xml space backup and then upload it to provide searchable javadoc which we can easily including in our core documentation via user macros. This worked great when we were on confluence 2.6. I need to uplift it now that we use confluence 4.3.2.

Please let me know if you know of tools to help or where the spec for this format might be.

Thanks

Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013
1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Hi Peter,

I would personally recommend that you go to the direction of using standard APIs to upload content, other ways are not reliable, neither supported. I would suggest you to check out Bob Swift's awesome Confluence CLI (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSOAP/Confluence+Command+Line+Interface) that can be used also for storing content to your instance using the standard API.

Kind regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events