Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces and Profile Pictures not appearing after upgrade

tschmidt@tnc.org August 1, 2022

So I am using Confluence Server and did an upgrade via the tar.gz files. I have them in a directory  and use a symlink to point to the proper version. 

If I point to 7.18.2 everything works fine.

If I point to 7.18.3 I see no profile pictures, spaces are absent and even the 'Reindex' button does not appear. 

I can switch the installation directory and see all my content. I verified the home directory is properly set on both. I have literally diff'ed the directories and can't see any difference in config files.

Anyone have any clue what could be happening here?

2 answers

0 votes
AAMIR ANSARI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2022

Hi tschmidt@tnc.org ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

Without looking into the application logs, it would be difficult to identify the issue. But typically this kind of issue arises from corrupt indexes. I would suggest you rebuild the indexes from scratch following the below document:

I hope this help. However, if you further face issues, reaching out to Atlassian Support would be the best option for you.

Thanks,

Aamir

tschmidt@tnc.org August 2, 2022

I can't find any errors in the logs. The problem is I don't even have an option to reindex from the GUI as the button does not appear on the given page. 

0 votes
Gabriela Costa {Appfire} August 1, 2022

Did it show any errors during or after the installation? Are you having any connection issues? Can you reinstall the new version again?

tschmidt@tnc.org August 2, 2022

Thanks, no errors on install or connection issues. I can literally just flip the symlink to go between versions and 7.18.2 works but 7.18.3 is broken.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events