Space automatically creating pages

oliveira_moura February 18, 2020

Hey all!

In one of my spaces, there are two pages that keep popping up despite me deleting them every time. They are the overviews of meeting notes and product requirements. Has this ever happened with anyone else?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hello there! Great to have you collaborating here, @oliveira_moura.

I am curious about the situation that you describe. Could you clarify if you are talking about both the Meeting Notes page and Product Requirements pages that are automatically created? Those pages are created every time we create a new page based on the Meeting notes or Product Requirements template, respectively.

I was able to replicate this behavior with both of the pages I mentioned (Meeting Notes and Product Requirements).

Even after I deleted those pages, the moment I created new pages based on the templates, the pages were recreated.

Here is how both mentioned pages look like:

Meeting Notes

MeetingNotes.jpg

Product Requirements

ProductRequirements.jpg

This is expected behavior from this specific template. Here are the excerpts from both template documentation:

Product Requirements:

Once you save your page, Confluence will create an index page and add a shortcut on your space sidebar. The index lists all the Product requirements pages in that space, and displays a summary of the information on each page (such as status and owner).

Meeting notes:

When you publish your meeting notes, Confluence will create an index page in your space sidebar, and all the meeting notes created in that space, using this template, will be automatically listed there.

For short, if you are creating pages based on either Meeting Notes or the Product Requirements templates, the creation of those pages is expected.

I hope this shines some light! Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events