Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space XML Export hanging - Confluence 4.2

Darryl Lucas November 12, 2013

When I try to export a Confluence 4.2 space to XML, the progress meter stops and Conf becomes unreachable to other users. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

~Darryl

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Hi Darryl,

You have mentioned the following:

"the progress meter stops and Conf becomes unreachable"

Considering the affimartion above as a fact, I believe you could be running out of the memory, when you're trying to export, which it could be normal as this process requires a lot of JVM memory. Being that said, you may want to follow the steps from the following documentation in our order to increase the JVM memory:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Fix+Out+of+Memory+Errors+by+Increasing+Available+Memory#HowtoFixOutofMemoryErrorsbyIncreasingAvailableMemory-Step2:IncreaseAvailableMemory

I hope this helps.
WZ

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

We've found that the most reliable way to export is to do a database dump and avoid Confluence's export altogether. Of course, this is for backup/restore. One thing you can do is uncheck the option to include attachments. Attachments (and their versions) can take up a large amount of space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events