Space Re Naming

ian woods September 30, 2020

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with this. I am using the free version of confluence cloud and I am trying to rename a space and have looked up solutions on the web. 

They all say to go to the space, click on space settings and then under the overview click the edit button for space details. 

I have done everything up to the edit button for space details which doesn't seem to be appearing on that part of the page. 

Can anyone help me with this? It seems like it should be straight forward but alas a glitch has been found.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2020

Hi Ian, welcome to the Community!

As Kristin mentioned, it's possible you're not a space administrator for the space in question. Here's a quick screenshot of the controls you'd see, with space administrator permissions:

image.png

Given the age of your Confluence site, I think it's also possible you might be affected by an issue that kept people from being added as space administrators on the space that Confluence creates by default. You can see the details of this issue here: CONFCLOUD-69052 

If this happens to be the case, you'll want to upgrade to the Standard edition of Confluence (even as a free evaluation) in order to regain permission to the default space. Here's how you would do this in detail:

1. Navigate to yoursite.atlassian.com/admin, click Manage subscriptions on the left sidebar, and then click the Change link in the Confluence section
    image.png
    You'll need to switch from Free to Standard in order to proceed. Don't worry - Standard can be trialed as a free evaluation.
  2. Regain permissions to the space by:
    • Navigating to Settings>Space Permissions>Recover Permissions and selecting the default space

OR

• Open a case with Atlassian Support at support.atlassian.com/contact
  3. End your Standard evaluation if you wish, by changing your edition back to Free in the Manage Subscriptions section of your site administration

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Are you an administrator of the space or a confluence administrator?

ian woods October 1, 2020

yes for confluence not for the space

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events