Source editor button missing from Confluence 5.1.4

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

The button to open the source editor has disappeared. I tried disabling and re-enabling the add-on, no change.

4 answers

0 votes
Steven Parsons August 7, 2013

Hi Bruna,
Thank you for your suggestion. I swapped the theme back to document and the <> appeared again.

We do have custom CSS and thats probably what caused it to go missing originally.

thanks again,
Steven

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Hi Robert and Steven,

I didn't found any bug reported about this yet on jira.atlassian.com.

Is that possible that some customization is resulting on this? To narrow if that's the cause, I suggest you to remove temporarily all the HTML/CSS/JS customizations of the instance.

Could you guys give us some feedback about if even Ryan (or my) suggestion worked?

Kind Regards

0 votes
Steven Parsons August 6, 2013

After upgrading to 5.1.5 it's now missing form my Confluence install as well. Did anyone come up with a fix?

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

Hi Robert,

I have Confluence 5.1.4 running locally with the source editor installed and working as expected. The source editor add-on is version 1.1.0.

Have you tried enabling add-on safe mode, then only enabling the source editor? I would also check if you have any layout customizations that might be interferring with the source editor button appearing when in edit mode.

Last, you could try clearing the add-on caches and restarting confluence. To clear the add-on caches:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events