Source editor button missing from Confluence 5.1.4

The button to open the source editor has disappeared. I tried disabling and re-enabling the add-on, no change.

4 answers

Hi Robert,

I have Confluence 5.1.4 running locally with the source editor installed and working as expected. The source editor add-on is version 1.1.0.

Have you tried enabling add-on safe mode, then only enabling the source editor? I would also check if you have any layout customizations that might be interferring with the source editor button appearing when in edit mode.

Last, you could try clearing the add-on caches and restarting confluence. To clear the add-on caches:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

After upgrading to 5.1.5 it's now missing form my Confluence install as well. Did anyone come up with a fix?

Hi Robert and Steven,

I didn't found any bug reported about this yet on jira.atlassian.com.

Is that possible that some customization is resulting on this? To narrow if that's the cause, I suggest you to remove temporarily all the HTML/CSS/JS customizations of the instance.

Could you guys give us some feedback about if even Ryan (or my) suggestion worked?

Kind Regards

Hi Bruna,
Thank you for your suggestion. I swapped the theme back to document and the <> appeared again.

We do have custom CSS and thats probably what caused it to go missing originally.

thanks again,
Steven

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,181 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you