Some questions about "zero down time" upgrade for confluence

Niklas Klein April 20, 2021

Hey everyone,

I already had a read on 

and have some additional questions about the behaviour during "zero-down-time" upgrade (which probably go into other topics aswell)

1. If a node goes down and someone was e.g. creating a page as a draft, can he lose some of his progress?
  2. If multiple people are working collborative on a page and one of them is connected with a node that is going down, what happens?
  3. Should I update my plugins before or after I do the ZDU update of the confluence version or does it not matter at all? Also, plugin updates are "always" zero-down-time, right?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@Niklas Klein 

1. If a node goes down and someone was e.g. creating a page as a draft, can he lose some of his progress? If the draft save has not yet synced they would loose it.  
  2. If multiple people are working collaborativly on a page and one of them is connected with a node that is going down, what happens? It would have to reconnect to the page but the user might not even notice.
  3. Should I update my plugins before or after I do the ZDU update of the confluence version or does it not matter at all? Also, plugin updates are "always" zero-down-time, right? We usually do it before to ensure compatibility.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events