Some people can not be found in the people directory

Bastian Kippelt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

We have a strange phenomenon.

If I search in the People Directory ( /dopeopledirectorysearch.action?queryString=Mustermann ) for a specific person, then this is not found. But if i search in the confluence administration ( /admin/users/dosearchusers.action ), then i found this user.

This is only true for some users, but not for everyone. But all users are in the same external user directory (windows ldap).

Also, i can not mention this users by @ command.

Is this problem known?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Piyush_Annadate October 25, 2016

Bastian,

there could be 2 issues

1. Either the users haven't made their 1st login which adds them to confluence-users groups. 
  2. If #1 is false, then you need to reindex confluence (this won't impact confluence and depends on confluence instance) which needs to be done by Confluence administrator

Bastian Kippelt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

#2 was the correct answer for my issue. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events