Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some content not appearing in Edit mode in Confluence

Laura Hatzenbuhler June 13, 2018

I've had a couple of users report an issue with editing a page.  Prior to pressing the edit button, they can see all of the content.  However, when they press the edit button, some of the content does not appear to allow for editing.

3 answers

1 vote
David November 3, 2020

Another solution I found if you do not want to remove all draft pages nor turn collaborative editing off as suggested in the page einkauf-idv_adesso_de is referring to is:

1. make a small edit to the page (ad a space or a dot)
  2. restore the page using the page history
  3. done

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Matt February 16, 2020

This is an old question, but I encountered a similar situation and wanted to share what I found. I had users who would edit a page only to find content missing, which led us to believe that they were actually editing an older version of the page. We narrowed down the problem to synchrony. While enabled, it wouldn't all the edit of a current version of a page for only certain pages. Very odd behavior, even restarting the service didn't fix it. Only disabling the collaborative editing feature fixed it for us. Will update if we fix synchrony.

Claudio Kuenzler March 6, 2020

I might have stumbled upon the same problem here.

Symptom: Pretty big table can be seen on a page. Once clicked on "Edit", the table is resized to a few rows - cutting off most of the content.

Interestingly though this doesnt seem to be an old version of the page but rather the table was compacted to contain the first few and the last few rows.

einkauf-idv@adesso.de June 26, 2020

We ran into the same problem. A page, containing a large table, shows 800+ entries in view mode and only 600 entries in edit mode. There is no unpublished draft.

Only when I completly deactivate synchrony, I have all 800+ entries in edit mode, as it should be.

Reactivating synchrony gives me back my "old" set of data in edit mode.

Unfortunately we can not deactivate synchrony as a solution.

I will keep looking for an alternative solution.

einkauf-idv@adesso.de June 26, 2020

Found a perfect fix:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/editing-shared-draft-shows-an-old-version-of-the-page-954248869.html

• preview the page
  • view all changes since the page was last published
  • revert back to the last published version
David November 3, 2020

Thanks for this !

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2018

There is a way to hide content from editing and keep it visible when viewing using this plugin:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/202/visibility-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview

Do you have this, or a similar plugin installed?

If not, can you tell me more about the content that is not visible?  That might make it easier to see where the problem is.  Eg is it a macro, attachment, regular content, etc?

Laura Hatzenbuhler June 22, 2018

We don't have a plug-in like that installed.

We've encountered this on 2 different occasions.  In both cases, they copied the content and recreated the pages.

In one situation, the page just contained text and a table.  When going into edit mode, only a portion of it showed.  In the 2nd situation, the same thing occurred.  The data that was visible contained text and a macro.  And the data that did not appear in edit mode contained text and macros (basically a copy of the info that was appearing).

Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2018

Hi @Laura Hatzenbuhler,

Try flushing the cache in the administration panel, this might do the trick.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/cache-statistics-150472.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events