Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some attachments left behind while restoring space

TamasS December 16, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I restored a space in a different Confluence site from backup. It was a quite large space (around 2GB) with 2200 attachment files.

When I restored the space in the target Confluence I saw that only 1660 of the 2200 attachments were copied. I checked all the attachments by filtering their extension and I caught sight of a "pattern": for example there were 40 xlsx files in the source space and 15 were unique from them: it means that the exact same file were attached to many pages. I see that all 15 unique xlsx files were restored in the target space. So, no files left behind. But one file were attached only to one page instead of many. In this case there's a same file which is attached to meeting minutes page of each week in the source Confluence. While in the target space the file is attached to only 1 meeting minutes page.

My question is: is it really a pattern that 1 file will be attached only to 1 page during restore?

Is there a way to attach a file to ALL involved pages by a script?

Thank you in advance for your advices!

Tamas

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 30, 2019

Hello Tamas,

Thank you for contacting us about this. It's definitely not the intended behavior that not all attachments would be restored from a space import.

However, Confluence does recognize files that have the same name to be the same file.

To clarify, the only files that are missing have a duplicate file name of a file which is already attached? Are these not the same file physically? 

When restoring the space, did you notice any messages in your Confluence server logs? Lastly, what version did the space export come from, and to which version are you restoring it?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events