Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshot Date Range (By Fiscal Week) for all assets Page

cmurphy September 9, 2019

Hi!

Is there a function or line(s) of code out there to allow a user of a Page to select a pre-defined filter (snapshot of fiscal week) and have all assets on Page (charts & tables) update when filter (fiscal week) is selected/changed.

So to break it down:

- Confluence Page has multiple assets (charts & tables)

- All reference the same source of data (JIRA) 

- Need filter for end user to select a Fiscal Week

- Once filter selected/changed, all assets on page update to respect the filter.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

-C

1 answer

2 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hello, @cmurphy !

As I understand you need a filter that alters what is displayed within the page depending on the date range. I will have to say that natively, Confluence does not support this.

However, there are still third-party plugins that might help us out on this one. We have, for example, Table Filter and Charts for Confluence. I believe that this plugin gives essentially the function you are looking for.

Here, have a look at it:

Table filters plugin is available for both Confluence Cloud and Server.

Other than that, I believe we could use multiple expand macros to hide each fiscal week. The Expand Macro works by hiding content until the user clicks the macro generated link in the page. We have documentation on this macro right here:

Here is how we could use Expand Macros:

1. Create a page
  2. Insert the Expand Macro
  3. Insert your content into the Expand Macro
  4. Name the Expand Macro accordingly (Week 1, Week 2, Week n…)
  5. Publish the page

Each Expand Macro starts by being collapsed, not expanded. With this default, users can expand only the macro that pertains their desired week.

Let us hear from you! Looking forward to your reply.

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Hello,

@Diego, thank you! You're right, our Table Filter And Charts For Confluence app should meet the requirements.

Moreover, in order not to create separated charts for each week and open them in the Expand macro, @cmurphy  can configure filters for only one source table, copy filter URLs and paste them on the page as buttons or just clickable links (this option is available in Server version, you can find the details here).

Or one more option is to leave the filtration panel visible to users with the dropdown filter for the Week column or the date range filter (you can also disable the ability to configure the macro in the page view mode or hide the source table). For instance:

2019-09-24_10h55_30.png

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events