Slow upgrade from 4.2.3 to 4.3.1 which may crash

Matthew Stublefield September 18, 2012

In the course of a test-upgrade, it appears that a process is running that relates to the new personal task list feature. Here is a sample from the logs:

2012-09-19 13:21:06,303 INFO main confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.UserIndexingUpgradeTask doUpgrade Created 28980 from 43108 missing Personal Information objects.

2012-09-19 13:21:15,991 INFO main confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.UserIndexingUpgradeTask doUpgrade Created 28990 from 43108 missing Personal Information objects.

When the process began, multiple groups of 10 were processed per second. By the 8000s, it was taking ~4 seconds for a group of 10. At this stage, a group of 10 takes about 9 seconds.

We only have about 1800 user accounts on the system, but since I'm not quite sure what's going on here, I'm wondering if there's a way to either have it not do this process or to do it more efficiently. Perhaps it is trying to pull in all LDAP accounts? I suspect it will crash at some point since it keeps getting slower, but even if it doesn't, I don't know that I will be able to perform the upgrade within the maintenance window I have.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know exactly what Confluence is doing here and what we can do to speed up the upgrade.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hi Matthew.

This is a known issue of Confluence 4.3.1: CONF-26742. This issue was resolved in Confluence 4.3.2. I recommend you to try with that version instead.

0 votes
Matthew Stublefield December 16, 2012

While this inexplicably took forever on the test system, on production it finished quickly and cleanly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events