Size of banner/header image?

Isabel Gottlieb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 3, 2023

Hi! I'm creating a new page in Confluence and wanted to custom create a banner image. Does anyone know the specs or banner size I should build for? I know it will automatically resize my image to fit the space, but would rather custom build for the space. 

4 answers

1 vote
Lee Schneider March 7, 2024

@Isabel Gottlieb @Kristen Bond @Colin Macrae @Sven @Jonathan Smith please vote for the related enhancement that Atlassian is tracking at [CONFCLOUD-77693] Provide option to retain the old header image feature.

Atlassian posted the link to that request in the comments for the post announcing the new header image features: Modernized Content Topper - Beautiful & Dynamic Ti... - Atlassian Community  where (multiple commenters there mentioned the same issue reported here).

Colin Macrae March 7, 2024

Thanks! Great find!!

1 vote
Kristen Bond
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2024

I'm having the same issue with all suggested px ratios.  it seems confluence is just magnifying the image, and not giving us any tool to resize, like we would if we just added an image, which is what i intend to do, to avoid the "header image" mess that is. 

1 vote
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2023

Hi @Isabel Gottlieb 

If you are using the header image section, you have a few different sizes to play around with:

• Fixed width = 760 x 140px
  • Full width = 1800 x 140px
  • (or 1247 x 140 based on F12)

aaa.png

Give these sizes a shot and see how it looks.

If you are just adding an image on the page, the page is responsive and will resize the image accordingly. You can enlarge or shrink the images as needed (within the set lines (you will see them when you start manipulating the image)).

Cheers,

Jonathan

Sven
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 15, 2024

I tried all your suggested image file sizes. It doesn't work though. The header image just uses a portion of the image. It looks like it is always too wide or too high. 

Even if I play around with the width and height, nothing seems to work. 

Like # people like this
Colin Macrae February 21, 2024

I have the exact same issue, tried all the sizes I'm seen mentioned, but with a height of 140 it's still cropping out some of the image. I have a logo that is taller than the text in the image and it always cuts a portion from the top and bottom that extend a certain point past the top and bottom of the text. Might just have to accept I need to make them closer in height! 

Lee Schneider February 26, 2024

What a mess - it looks like the behavior for this has changed in recent months.  I created a set of pages in August with an identical header image that presented no issues when the viewer adjusted the the width of the page.  Now that image produces the same results as what @Colin Macrae described above.  

Like Kristen Bond likes this
Colin Macrae February 27, 2024

I just gave in and went with fixed width on all my pages, can also confirm that 760 x 140px is spot on for this! Maybe it will get fixed in the future, but for now, I can live with a fixed width! 

Like Daria Vaccino likes this
Lee Schneider February 27, 2024

I tried using your solution, as I understand it, by making pages fixed-width and using a 760x140px header image, but I still have scaling/cropping issues.  I must be missing something.  

Has anyone found the release note that describes the functionality change? I would swear this wasn't a problem six months ago, nor two weeks ago, nor any time in between.

0 votes
Bernd Koslowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 17, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events