cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site icon not showing across site

Dean Lappi July 17, 2017

Hi all.

I am running Confluence 6.2.3.

I updated the Confluence Site icon by going to Confluence Administration/General Configuration/Site Logo and Favicon and uploaded a new site logo.

Confluence changed the Site logo in the top bar within the Confluence Administration page, but when I go to my spaces, the site logo remains unchanged on the top bar.

Has anyone run into this issue? From my research, the Site logo should update across the site.

Much thanks

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

I just tested on Confluence 6.2.x and the Site logo did update throughout the instance when I changed it.

Is it possible your browser is caching the pages with the old logo? Please try clearing the cache, or accessing with another browser. I look forward to hearing the results.

Dean Lappi August 2, 2017

Hi Ann. Thank you for your reply!

It is a strange thing. I am not sure why the Site logo is not propagating.

Clearing my cache was actually my first thought. :-)
I've also tested it on different browsers and had others in my company view it on their computers, but all returned the same viewing result where the logo updates on the Confluence Administration page, but not to any other areas.

A quirk to ponder. :-)

Have a wonderful day!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2017

Thanks for the good wishes. My best to you as well.

If you have time, please create a new space and check if the site logo shows there as expected. That will rule out any space-level Look and Feel customizations on the other spaces.

Do you have any custom HTML or Stylesheet under Confluence Admin>Look and Feel?

Are you using a custom theme?

Dean Lappi August 2, 2017

We do have a custom CSS. That could be the issue! I will look into it.

Thanks for the idea!

If that doesn't work, I'll play around with creating a new space to test the site icon.

Thanks again for taking time out of your busy day, Ann.

Kindest regards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events