Site Restoration Involving Plugins

lee lon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2023

Hi, the problem I am facing is this. I have previously exported a confluence site from a place. It was a zip package file. Now I want to restore it in my deployed confluence. I selected the restore site action in the function "Backup & Restore" and selected my zip package. The entire zip package is 400+M. When the import reaches 78%, it reports an error with the following message: "Site restore process failed with an error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to restore plugin data: ImportExportException while importing plugin data for : com.atlassian.activeobjects.confluence.spi. activeObjectsBackupRestoreProvider"

I'm not sure if I've installed any plugins with this previous zip package I exported from another confluence site, though. If it's really a plugin issue, I'm not sure what plugins I need to install for my current deployment of confluence. Is there a way to look it up? Or is it possible to skip these plugins? It's as much as I can restore. It's probably not possible, after all, a lot of content relies on these plugins to do some layout and whatnot. That's where it's currently stuck. Thanks for being able to see my question.

1 answer

0 votes
Rajat Singh September 10, 2023

You don't need a plugin to restore site in Confluence. It should be possible to restore it using the in-built 'Backup and restore' functionality in Confluence.

What is the version of Confluence from which the site was exported?
What is the version of Confluence to which this site is imported?

Please note that it is only possible to restore a backup to the same or a newer version of Confluence.

For example, a backup created in Confluence 7.19.0 can only be restored to Confluence 7.19.0, 7.19.1, 8.0, 8.1 or newer. It can't be restored to Confluence 7.18.9, 7.18, or any other preceding version. That's because backward compatibility is not supported.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events