Simple FAQ portal

Gibran Khalil February 10, 2017

Greetings, 

I am evaluating Confluence with Questions for an intranet portal, the site will host FAQs for multiple products with subtopics.  I am bit overwhelmed by all the features available and looking for a simple approach.  The idea is a landing page with  Featured topics with the option for subtopics, the user can ask a question but must be reviewed by the moderator before it's posted.  We might leverage the KB function but the primary use is FAQ.

Any idea how to get up and running without being an expert smile

Thank you,

Gibran

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2017

You are combining two things here - an FAQ/Topic repository and a general new Q&A mechanism that may lead to a FAQ/Topic

We have a dedicated FAQ/Topic pages in two formats:

One format is a page with a list of FAQ - there is a table with the FAQ listed in the left column using Heading style and in the right hand column the answer is provided embedded with an<<Expand>> macro.  These pages are Restricted Editing.

The other format is a page as an "index page" to the child pages for each topic which you can do using a <<Page Tree>> macro or just direct links to each Child. 
As an example, we use this as a general topics forum where our members can post a new Child page on some matter of importance and they write up their full "story" about the issue.  Then the other Users add Comments to the bottom of the page as discussion about the topic.

I suspect there are other mechanisms to handle new Q&A with moderation before posting.   Confluence is a collaboration tool i.e. contributors do so without "moderation" before the posting is visible to others.  To me this new Q&A is really a process of having a link on a page to send the moderator an email with the question and then the moderator decides whether to make an actual posting in the FAQ/Topics pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events