Sidebar doens't show Pages/calendars/qeustions ...

Deleted user June 1, 2022

Hi, 

I try to configure my sidebar in confluence but it seems I don't have the option to add pages/blog/calendars on my sidebar. Has anyone an idea why this is not showing or working? 

Kr, 

Lars

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user June 6, 2022

Hi Marco, 

1. version 7.13.5

2. This issue affect on all the pages within our factory. But we have different factories around the world and in other companies of the group this issue is not present. 

3. No 

4. Don't know what you mean by this? And where to find it? 

Kr, 

Lars

Marco Salvi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hi Lars,

for #4 you need to have access to the server where the product is installed or you can generate a support zip following this KB article.

Please generate such support zip right after recreating the problem, download it and check if you can find an exception in the file named:

application-logs/atlassian-confluence.log

if so copy and paste a snippet here.

Please do not send the support zip here as it may contains confidential information about your deployment.

Additional consideration

This kind of problem are at time caused by external app, do you know if some new app has been installed in this confluence instance recently?

Best Regards,

Marco

0 votes
Marco Salvi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2022

Hi Lars,

welcome to Atlassian Community. To be able to use  Configure sidebar you need to be a space administrator. If you have the permission to create spaces, try to create a new one and there you should be able to configure your sidebar as expected.

Best Regards,

Marco

Deleted user June 2, 2022

Hi Marco, 

I've admin rights and I've a Space. Problem is when I configure my sidebar and tick the box of "Pages" or the box "Blog" and click done the pages and blog navigation isn't shown on my sidebar? 

Kr, 

Lars

Marco Salvi
Atlassian Team
June 2, 2022

Hi Lars,

thanks for clarifying the nature of your issue.

I have a few questions to try to get some more details about this unexpected behaviour:

1. Which version of Confluence are you using?
  2. Does this issue affect only this space?
  3. Have you applied any customisation to such space?
  4. Can you check atlassian-confluence.log in confluence home folder in case an exception is raised when you attempt to edit the sidebar?

Br,

Marco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events