Side menu is not visible on Safari

Ivaylo Velikov June 7, 2022

Side menu is not visible on Safari, and it seems like this problem occurs only on Safari web browser, because the side menu is fine on Chrome - I investigated it as far as I can, and it seems like its CSS issue. How can this be addressed to the appropriate channels?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@Ivaylo Velikov Welcome to the Atlassian Community. Are you working with a Cloud or Server instance? If you don't know, you can identify it via the URL. If it starts with <domain_name>.atlassian.com then you are on Cloud. 

Another question - what hardware are you using? Is it a PC with Safari installed, MAC, iPad or iPhone? The appearance differs by default based on the hardware platform.

Have you checked that there is no arrow near the top left of the page that would allow you to expand the side menu?

Let me know so I can help further. 

Ivaylo Velikov June 8, 2022

Hello, thank you for your response.

About your questions:

- the URL is confluence.mycompanyname.com, which probably means we are not using the cloud version;

- The device I am using is MacBook Pro (model from 2018) and the Safari version is 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13). The issue also occurs on other MacBook devices - one of which is model from 2019 with Safari version 15.4 (16613.1.17.1.11). 

Probably a screenshot of the problem will be helpful - basically on Safari the side menu is empty, while on Chrome the page tree is visible;

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 10.20.10.png

Ivaylo Velikov June 8, 2022

Hello, thank you for your response.

About your questions:
- the URL is confluence.mycompanyname.com, which probably means we are not using the cloud version;
- The device I am using is MacBook Pro (model from 2018) and the Safari version is 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13). The issue also occurs on other MacBook devices - one of which is model from 2019 with Safari version 15.4 (16613.1.17.1.11).

Probably a screenshot of the problem will be helpful - basically on Safari the side menu is empty, while on Chrome the page tree is visible;

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 10.20.10.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events