cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing all available Spaces in "My Spaces" area on Confluence Dashboard

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2017

Iam actual testing our confluence upgrade from 5.4 to 6.0 in a testing environment.

Most things worked perfect for everything else i found a workaround.

But there is one thing on the new version thats not like i hoped, the new dashboard.

We mostly use  confluence as a knowledgebase and for documentations. we restricted the accessibility to our spaces with managing our users and groups in active directory.

So every user sees the spaces he needs to see.

On the old dashboards the was directly a space list with all spaces a user has access to.

But know there is still a list, but it is empty. Every user now have to favorise every of their spaces to have it back fast accessible on their dashboard.

Is there a way to show all available spaces per default on the dashboard without having each user to manually favorise their spaces?

Or is there a way to use a custom page as start page?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2017

Hi Stefan,

we use the plugin "Custom Dashboards for Confluence". With that plugin, you can create your own dashboard page as a regular Confluence page.

You can create different dashboards for different user groups, it works well and is not too expensive.

Best regards

Thomas

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Thanks for the hint. I tried the mentioned plugin and it does exactly what i want and more. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events