Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing all attachments from the entire site and filtering by a label

Daniel Samuels August 19, 2013

Hi!

I am trying to show a list of documents from the entire confluence site, and then filter by specific labels, does anyone have any good ideas on how I could do this?

(basically I have many different departments in the company and each department has its own space, each department publishes a summary of their actions over the last month and posts it in their own space, I would like a macro to pick up these attachments from the different spaces and filter by a specific label and show the results.)

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Daniel

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Hi Daniel,

This is definitely possible with the aid of the Reporting plugin from ServiceRocket. A few of their ready-made recipes are already close to what you want to do: http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/REPORT/Listing+Attachments+from+Current+Space

That example includes a filter based on the title of the attachment, but you could filter on labels instead.

The plugin is a commercial one, but one I would recommend because it is very powerful and useful in scenarios like the one you've described.

Regards,

Charles

0 votes
Daniel Samuels August 21, 2013

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for all your answers. I will run through these options and see which one I like the look of, Im leaning toward the 'Reporting' plugin, atm.

Thanks!

Daniel

0 votes
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Maybe that could be a workaround for you: add the searchresult macro on your page with the following parameters:

search term: labelText:type your label here

content type: attachment

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

Hello Daniel,

I took a moment to review the link Charles provided. The reporting plugin does seems like a powerful utility, but it might not match your use case. It looks like that this plugin or at least the recipie he linked to is only able to pull attachments from the current space.

Reviewing the Atlassian documentation it looks like this might be a common problem:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Displaying+a+List+of+Attachments

There are two macors that are interesting here. The first is the Attachments macro. This macro allows you to pull attachments by label, but its influence is limited to a single page.

The Space attachments macro improves functionality a bit by allowing you you pull in all issues from a specified space. The limit with this is that only a single space may be selected and there is no way to filter by label.

It sounds like you need a macro that will allow you to specify all spaces you want to pull from as well as a label or set of lables to aggregate. Your prescribed functionality seems like a feature request or a note to an expert to build out this custom functionality

CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013
If you dive a little deeper into the documentation for the Reporting plugin you'll see a range of reporting options available with different scope. The content reporter would be capable of including all spaces within the analysis. Swapping the local reporter in the recipe for the content reporter would be a step towards a solution for the scenario described by the original poster. http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/AtlassianPlugins/content-reporter
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2013

Charles,

My complete bad here. You are obviously much more familiar with the technology than I am.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events