Show attachments in Jira Issues macro

straypet November 15, 2016

Hi,

I'm setting up a Confluence space in which I wan't to show a table of linked JIRA Issues. However, I can't get a column that shows the attachments to a given issue. 

All issues in the connected JIRA project have one attachment each. Is this possible to solve? If not, is there a workaround by creating a custom "Attachment" field? Or perhaps possible to create a script that automatically updates a custom text field with the URL of the uploaded attachment?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, bc if this isn't solvable I'll have to find a different solution than Jira/Confluence for my system/project... I'm using Confluence Cloud and JIRA Cloud.

Thanks!

Petter

7 answers

4 votes
simon May 17, 2018

Hey, I second this. That would be a very helpful feature. We have Jira issue with design attachments, updated through Jira cloud for Sketch. We use Confluence for documentation of epics and user stories, and would like an overview in those pages of alle the attachments in the (child) Jira stories.

1 vote
Anuj Sharma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

Hey All,

If i understood you correctly, you need to see attachments in Jira issue Macro in Confluence. I tried a workaround.

1. Created a User story

2. Added attachments in the Description box along with the description.

3. Created a JIRA issue macro in Confluence and added that USer story and added "Description"  option in Columns to display under Display option.

4 .It worked . I can see the attachments in my Confluenc epage with the JIRa issue macro .

Please try and let me know if it works for you .

0 votes
Stefano Ferrazzini August 25, 2020

Hi there, is this still not possible?

Barbara Reid September 30, 2020
0 votes
Abby Kaske August 23, 2019

Agreed that this would be awesome. Hoping Atlassian sees all these comments and decides to put it on their backlog!
We've set up overview Confluence pages for each of our Scrum Teams, and as a way to keep others informed on priorities and work in progress, we display the JQL of prioritized epics with their statuses. All of our epics in Jira have a link to a PRD in Confluence, so it would be awesome to be able to display that link automatically, so curious minds could dive deeper into what each epic means.

0 votes
Nadia Leclercq May 23, 2019

Still no answer from the Atlassian team?! It would be great to know if this feature is now available. 

0 votes
joshua.gilbert December 18, 2018

Thirded, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Hi Petter,

There isn't a column in any of the standards JIRA reporting tools in Confluence that will show you the attachment or the attachment link (that I know of - I'd be happy if someone could correct me).

There also isn't a custom field type in JIRA for attachments (you can choose lots of field types, like radio buttons, user picker, etc, but none of them are designed to accept an attachment).

If you're using Cloud then you can't run scripts to automatically update fields.

As a workaround, you could manually put the URL for the attachment in a different field in the issue (or create a specific customer field for it) and report on that?  The downside is that you'd have to do that for all existing issues and all issues you create from now on.

Hopefully someone else will have found a better solution that they'll post here soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events