Show attachments in Jira Issues macro

Hi,

I'm setting up a Confluence space in which I wan't to show a table of linked JIRA Issues. However, I can't get a column that shows the attachments to a given issue. 

All issues in the connected JIRA project have one attachment each. Is this possible to solve? If not, is there a workaround by creating a custom "Attachment" field? Or perhaps possible to create a script that automatically updates a custom text field with the URL of the uploaded attachment?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated, bc if this isn't solvable I'll have to find a different solution than Jira/Confluence for my system/project... I'm using Confluence Cloud and JIRA Cloud.

Thanks!

Petter

1 answer

Hi Petter,

There isn't a column in any of the standards JIRA reporting tools in Confluence that will show you the attachment or the attachment link (that I know of - I'd be happy if someone could correct me).

There also isn't a custom field type in JIRA for attachments (you can choose lots of field types, like radio buttons, user picker, etc, but none of them are designed to accept an attachment).

If you're using Cloud then you can't run scripts to automatically update fields.

As a workaround, you could manually put the URL for the attachment in a different field in the issue (or create a specific customer field for it) and report on that?  The downside is that you'd have to do that for all existing issues and all issues you create from now on.

Hopefully someone else will have found a better solution that they'll post here soon.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

381 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you