Show JIRA issues that link to this Confluence Page

I know JIRA automatically shows in an issue any Confluence page that refers to that issue... but is it possible to go the other way? Is there a way to get a Confluence page to list all issues that refer to it?

I know it's possible to use the JIRA issues macro to embed a search... but the list of issues never seems to update, even when more issues that would match the query are added.

7 answers

1 accepted

3 votes

Hi Liviu,

Thanks for your feedback, we are actually working on this new feature right now. From the Confluence page you can click to see all the linked JIRA issues. Here is a sneak peak:

Is that what you are after?

I'm interested to hear what you would use this for

This would be great - although, of course, I would prefer to also be able to include the list of issues in the page content.

Realy looking forward to this feature, thanks!

Also, to answer your question: we are tracking the maintenance of certain pieces of equipment via JIRA, and we would like completed and upcoming maintenance tasks for each piece of equipment to appear automatically on that equipment's Confluence page (which stores things like serial numbers, etc.).

That feature looks useful Sherif - do you have an issue id we can track it with?

This feature does not yet seem to be part of Confluence (as of 5.5). As mentioned above, is there an issue id that one may track it progress under? Thanks.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 04, 2014

@Rich Duncan

Check out this atlassian blog: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/12/5-ways-work-jira-issues-confluence/

It looks like it was released last year. I know I have it on my installation on Conf5.4.4

1 vote

If you have JQL Tricks plugin installed in your JIRA, you can serach for issues with remote links like this:

jqlField = "http://your_Confluence_page_link"

You can then use this in the JIRA issues macro and the page will show all issues linked to it.

This is a great answer, thank you.

Unfortunately, searches like this don't seem to update... so I'd be stuck with the list of issues that matched the search when I created the page. I'd like something where linking a new issue to the page will cause it to appear on the page.

Any news on this issue?

0 vote
Richie Gee Atlassian Team Nov 05, 2013

Hey there,

From your description my suspect is you hit a bug where the issue is not getting updated shown below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30077

So as a workaround, you will need to flush the caches in Confluence:

1. Go to the page "Confluence Admin >> Cache Statistics >> Advanced"
  2. Search for the term "JIRA Issues".
  3. Change the value from "100" (default) to "1"
  4. Click the button "Adjust Size" to enable the change.

Hope this address your issue.

I don't think that is what Liviu is asking about. He is trying to see if there is a Confluence feature that lists all the issues linked to it. You're talking about going the other way.

This feature will be very useful, is there an ETA for when this will be available?

Any news on this issue?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,691 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you