Sharing a Space with a Confluence user outside my Organization

Nathan Winnie October 22, 2021

I would like to share a Space, with multiple pages, with several Confluence users outside of my Organization.

1) If I do, do they only have access to the space I share?

2) Does my organization get charged in any way? (All those invited are already paying, licensed Confluence users)

Thank you!

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hi @Nathan Winnie

1) Yes, you can specify "View" Access only for the spaces you want to share with them. I would put them in a group.

2) Yes, I believe they will use a license in your instance.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Perriccioli October 22, 2021

HI Nathan.

Whatever spaces you share with Confluence users outside your organization will be the only ones which they have access. Note that any links in your space that navigate to other spaces would not be accessible to those outside users (unless you share those additional spaces).

I am not sure what is meant by your second question, but nothing changes with your organization.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Nathan Winnie 

If you enable 'anonymous access' (this means anyone on the internet) in your space, anyone on the internet can access the pages within it except the one's on which you have applied view restrictions. In that case, you won't be charged in anyway and only that particular space can be viewed by the external users. You can read - Share site's content externally with anonymous access for more details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events