Share a link bookmarklet

Sharing with groups doesn't seem to work in the bookmarklet which is the primary way links would be shared. 

1 answer

0 votes

Thanks for bringing this up. We have a report: Use Groups in @mentions and Sharing which the dev team equates to Extend 'Mentions' to work with groups as well. Your input is welcome on these tickets and if you do vote or comment you will be notified when there is progress on them.

The workaround is to create users with the group distribution lists as email addresses. Then Confluence thinks you are sharing with a user and will resolve the name in the Share pulldown and associate it with the distribution list email. One comment expresses it this way:

We created user accounts mapped to the group email addresses so you can use them in mentions. The users need to have permissions to the spaces where they will be used either by adding them to specific groups (this can be tricky since you don't want to give them more permissions than the individuals in the group) or explicitly permissioning them to the spaces. To make it look more like a group in the UI we updated the avatar for the users to be a group icon. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

98 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you