Share a Jira report filter in Confluence with users not registered on Jira

I am sharing multiple JIRA reports in Confluence and would like a Confluence user who is not registered on JIRA to see the reports. 

I created the report filters and shared with all registered JIRA users, now that this user is not registered on JIRA he cant see the reports. 

Is this possible and if not how do i display this JIRA  report in Confluence so everyone can see the reports?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Daryn,

There are some alternatives to achieve what you want, but they have some caveats:

• Make the JIRA report public by enabling anonymous access to the projects returned by the filter (i.e. add the Anyone group to the Browse Project project permission).
    Caveat: The information on the projects will be publicly visible.

• Configure the Application Link with a single user (e.g. using Basic Authentication) so that all requests from the Application Link are executed by the same user.
    Caveat: There will be no distinction between users for actions triggered via the application link.

Unfortunately, I do not see any easy way to achieve what you want without any drawbacks.

Sincerely,
Danilo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,065 views 16 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you