Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Confluence page publicly but limit by domain

Naledi Matutoane November 6, 2019

I'd like to be able to share pages in Confluence to other people in my business but without giving them licenses.

I know that this can be done by changing the permissions of the space to be public but is it possible to do this and still restrict the access by a domain?

Thanks,

Naledi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hi Naledi,

It's not currently possible to restrict access by domain -- the only option is to make the space completely public. 

We have provided feedback to Confluence development teams asking for a feature such as you've described, and it sounds like others have as well.

While this feature request isn't exactly what you're looking for, it might be worth watching to see what solutions Atlassian comes up with.  They note:

"We acknowledge that many of you are looking to share content with your customers and other external users without provisioning full licenses. 

I'm happy to share that we've put this suggestion on our roadmap and are planning to address it in the next 12 months.
We will keep you updated on the progress and timelines when the feature is going to be delivered.
Thanks again for your patience."

Naledi Matutoane November 9, 2019

Thank you very much for the insight - looking forward to seeing the feature soon!

Moran Schneider January 9, 2023

there is any new with that feature?

@Sharon Helms
@Naledi Matutoane 

Like RG likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events