Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup step error

Markus Späthling February 25, 2014

Hello, tried to install Confluence evaluation on my computer. First had no Atlassian ID then created one. Then tried to install with the created license. Now have this setup step error when going to localhost.

How should I continue?

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Solved the Problem now. Deinstalled everything, but Atlassian Directory was still full! Then cleaned Registry and restarted PC. Created new License and now it works!

Thank you for support!

0 votes

Hi, deleted the logfiles, stopped and started the service and tried to access. Now again the same error.

There are errors in the logfile, but cannot post it, cause can post only 2000 characters on comments

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

What kind of DB are you using?

Is there anything with ERROR in your logfile?

Can you delete the log and then restart the server. This might be easier to find the problem.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Just look at the end of the file, and search for error.

Which DB do you use?

0 votes

here the error log:

2014-02-26 12:36:38 Commons Daemon procrun stderr initialized
Feb 26, 2014 12:36:38 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Feb 26, 2014 12:36:38 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.
Feb 26, 2014 12:36:39 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
Feb 26, 2014 12:36:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 431 ms
Feb 26, 2014 12:36:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Feb 26, 2014 12:36:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.35
Feb 26, 2014 12:38:50 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090
Feb 26, 2014 12:38:50 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 131806 ms

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

Can you post the logfile?

0 votes

Found the Logfile, but it has 10 MB, how do I post it?

0 votes

Here is the Screenshot

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

It's not a solution, but you can skip installing the democontent and use an empty confluence...

And how can I do that, because everytime I open localhost, I get directed to this page

I used no specific options. Just cklicked on the setup.exe

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

You used the installaer? Which options?

0 votes

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

Would you be able to attach a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events