Setup Jira Issue/filter permissions to Jira projects

Ron Campbell May 26, 2022

I am trying to setup a Confluence page where it shows a certain projects issues. I have followed the instructions to add the filter but I keep getting an issue with permissions unless I add "anyone on web" permission to Browse Project in the project. Is there a way to do this without opening up that permission? 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Ron Campbell ,

it depends from users that can access the confluence pages containing JIRA issues macro.

If a confluence user can access these pages and he has not JIRA access to that project so that user can't see issues and the only way to show issues is to add "anyone on the web" for Browse project permission.

Fabio

Ron Campbell May 27, 2022

Thank you for the reply Fabio. I have tried with jira-user on the project side as well as "any logged in user". The Confluence page has Everyone as a view permission. I still could not get past the error. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

HI @Ron Campbell ,

if anyone has access to that Confluence page, just logged user within jira-user group that have access to that page will see tickets retrieved from JIRA. ALl the other user that have no access to JIRA will see nothing about jira tickets in that page.

Ron Campbell May 27, 2022

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ Thank you I do understand that non jira-users will not be able to see the query but my issue is getting the jira issue/filter to see my filter so I can add it to the page. The only way I have been able to do that is to set a permission of "anyone on web" in the project which I would rather not do if possible. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events