Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up new Users for the Confluence site

Elizabeth Reidy May 20, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Add, edit and remove users

Hello,
I was looking to create a new User Group for my confluence site. I would like for these new users to have read only access and no editing rights. I was looking to have the news user be able to post in the comment section of each page, but again no edit rights.

I was wondering if someone could help me set up the group, limit the privileges of members in that group and then establish a way of sending a sign up email to new users.

I was looking to launch the site Monday.

2 answers

1 vote
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2016
0 votes
tjkarl May 23, 2016

Elizabeth, in addition to the space-level configuration, you can assign global permissions to groups or to individuals. From your settings cog on the top right (when logged in as Confluence Administrator), slect "General Configuration." And then in the left nav bar, you want "Global Permissions" as shown in this screenshot. These permission allow you to control the following attributes: attaching files, updating user status, having a personal space, ability to create spaces and administration of the application.

20160523_ConfPerms.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events